Friday, December 21, 2007

We went to bed LATE!!!

Buenas, todos mis amigos!!!!

It's Ryan, and I just wanted to keep everyone up to date on our adventures in debauchery. First a recap of what Aura has already covered. However, my writing skills and talent as a story teller trump those of my girlfriend, so here we go. So we started the evening after a long siesta. We played a drinking game call "ring of fire" with some new friends. Although the name of the game sounds quite threatening, it was quite lame but our new friends were nice.

We needed some food...


So after an hour of a drinking game, we needed a bite to eat. The crowd was divided on what we should do, so Aura, our new Dutch friend Ron, and I all went in search of a restaurant. We went on our typical bumbling search, passing the same place about three times, before settling on a place with a decent sized crowd. The food was okay, but the company was great and we shared a lot of great laughs over a bottle of wine.

We head out into the night


At this point, it's about midnight and I was ready to turn in. Aura and Ron had other plans. The bumbling search for resumed, this time in hopes of finding a really cool bar. After walking in circles, trying to breach a club that was having a private party, and passing the same place three times, we settled on a decent bar with a decent sized crowd. After a beer and some stories, I was ready to turn in, but Aura and Ron had different plans. Ron hit on some girls and found out the name of a happening club. We made the 7 block trek to the new club and tried to make it through the VIP line. The bouncers were nice enough not to damage my self esteem and simply told us we needed to be in the other line. About 60 seconds into the bar, Ron is talking to a group of porten~os that we think are his friends. It turns out its a group of gay porten~os who think Ron is cute. We'll were not picky people, so we started dancing with them. After being kissed on the forehead an cheeks more times than ever we got to know this group of people as good as you can in a loud club.

My god, Porten~os do stay up late!!!


So at about 3:00 AM, I'm about ready to fall asleep on my feet. I think to my self, "Hey, it's 3:00 AM so everyone will start to tucker out soon. As the thought passes across my mind...the live band starts up. The band carries on for 90 minutes or so and livens the crowd right up. After the stop I figured I would be off the hook, but everyone keeps dancing. It was about 5:00 AM when I convince Ron and Aura that it's about time to call it a night. The porten~os were sad to see us go (especially Ron) but they did give us there cell numbers.

And we slept 'til noon


After all the fun and drinking a liter of water, we finally turned in. We slept until noon and hit the zoo. More to come my friends, so tune in tomorrow. We'll try to find a way to get some pictures up to make our blog a bit more colorful.

Love,

Ryan and Aura

No comments: