Monday, March 3, 2008

love, love, love

Sunday...

Well, today was GORGEOUS. I got up early this morning for a work meeting that lasted 5 minutes, so I decided to go ahead and get my double workout out of the way. I walked a few blocks to a city gym and paid a few bucks to use the pool, which was small but nice. On the way back, I was filled with this amazing sense of the awesomeness of the universe. It was about 10 am, beautiful weather, and I happened upon a juice bar where I got some sustainance, anticipating my 70 min. bike ride. Then I wandered down the sidewalk, smiling so hard I felt like crying. The sun was shining and people were smiling and...wow. I'm going to quote some Pierce Pettis to describe how I felt this morning...

"My heart goes out...like a flare in the night...

Oh my soul
Feels the undertow
Caught up in the flood
Of more love than I can hold
The tide comes in my heart,
My heart goes out"

And that just carried me through the day. I mean, this place rocks. And I'm really happy. I wish you all could be here!

I spent the rest of the day hopping around town with a friend from work. Tried a veggie restaurant that was good, visited a couple of craft markets (I know, I'm an addict), and made it down to a beautiful beach with some great sunshine. I think I might stay down near the beach after we finish up work. Everyone that I'm working with is kind of doing their own thing, which is cool. I'm excited to catch up with some friends this week, although I'm also enjoying spending a little time alone, believe it or not, and everyone that I've talked to here has been really friendly.

More soon...

Aura

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you're having a great time!! Live it up to the fullest and enjoy every last minute of it. If there's happiness and fun to be found, I want you to have as much of it as you possibly can.

Love ya tons!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra Morris said...

Hey Sweetie,
What a great discription of "being in the flow" or "grokking" your surroundings. I just love it when that happens.
I love your blog. Keep posting and buy a camera!

Love you forever,
Mom