Sunday, March 9, 2008

Day Off!

Finally had a day off today, which was really nice and lazy. I met up with my friends Brendon and Kate last night for dinner and drinks, and we walked around down by the river. There's a festival this weekend, and there were fireworks and tons of people everwhere. It was loads of fun, but we got tired early. This morning I got up and went to breakfast with some of the guys that I'm traveling with. Then I went down to the beach at St. Kilda and met up with Brendon and Kate again. We walked the pier and saw these huge jellyfish floating in the water, some starfish, and even a couple of little bitty fairy penguins. We didn't get in the water, but I'll have plenty of time for that next week. I had a traditional meat pie for lunch, which I wasn't too crazy about, and a gelato that was heavenly.

We headed back to their apartment in the city and chilled out for a bit. I got to call and talk to Megs and Ryan, and then I took a nap at their place. Got up, went to dinner, and now I'm back at the hotel and tired again already. I think I'm going to watch a movie and go to bed early :) I have to get up and work in the morning - I have a feeling this week is going to be long. Still having a blast though, and it was really good to get to hang out with Brendon and Kate.

No comments: